- Season: May 20. – August 31.fishing laxa 12
- Species: Brown trout. Fly fishing only. All salmon and big brown trout must be released.
- Lodge: No lodge. B&Bs in the area.
- Location: North-east Iceland. 1 hour from Akureyri.
- Rods: 2 – 6 rods on Mulatorfa and Hraun beats
About the beats
The Mulatorfa and Stadartorfa beats are located below the dam on the Laxa Myvatn. At this stage the river is called Laxa in Adaldalur which is referred to by some as the Big Laxa. The river is famous for it’s salmon fishing but these are the trout beats in the river. Average catch rates are around 1000 trout for these beats. These beats are the more affordable of the trout beats in the river but the fishing quality here can be phenomenal. When the hatch is on the whole area is like a melting pot with rising trout all over the place.
We offer both guided fishing trips to these beats as well as just the fishing permits. There is no lodge for these beats just yet but we can assist in finding proper accommodation. For the “trout bum” element, camping is possible throughout the area.